Wednesday, February 1, 12:00 pm
Registration begins. Entrants can fill out their registration forms and start preparing to fundraise.
Wednesday, February 15, 12:00 pm
Great Bike Giveaway Begins! Donations will be accepted.
Wednesday, March 15, 11:59 am
Registration deadline, The Great Bike Giveaway is closed.
Thursday, March 16 (or later)
Drawings will be held for those that raised at least 50% of their goal but did not reach their fundraising goal.
*All times are Eastern Standard Time
- Registration is open to legal residents of the the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Beneficiaries of the bikes may be younger.
- Participation in the Great Bike Giveaway constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these official rules. Receiving a bike is contingent upon being compliant with these official rules and fulfilling all other requirements.
- The recipient of bike must be under the age of 30.
- Recipient of the bike must have a cognitive or physical disability.
- In order to be eligible, the registration must be completed in its entirety
- Entry into the Great Bike Giveaway is limited to only one child per family.
- In order to qualify for the Great Bike Giveaway, you will need to complete the contest registration form.
- Registration will consist of a number of required fields and will include Parent Name (entrant), Child Name, Picture of Child and more.
- During registration, you will have to select the bike your child needs.
- Photos must include a picture of your child with special needs.
- All registrations must be submitted via the official contest entry page. No email submissions will be accepted.
- Friendship Circle reserves the right to disqualify any registrant if the contest coordinator deems the entry to be inappropriate or for any other reason that does not comply with the spirit of this campaign.
- Pictures can be digitally enhanced in ways such as cropping, adding contrast, brightness, sharpening, etc.
- By submitting a photo, the parent or legal guardian grants Friendship Circle of Michigan the right to publish the photo, the child’s name and any captions submitted on Friendship Circle’s website and/or marketing materials. Slight photo alterations may be made by our staff in order to properly fit our site or email newsletters.
- Only one submission per person is allowed.
- Once you have submitted your entry, you will not be able to undo your submission in order to select a different bike. If you submit a duplicate entry by mistake, please contact us immediately and we will remove one of the entries.
- On each fundraising page, there is a space where individuals can donate money. Once the stated fundraising goal is reached, a bike will be provided to the child beneficiary.
- Consultation with a tax advisor is suggested for donations made to a family member's page
- All donations towards a fundraising page that exceed the fundraising goal will be distributed towards other beneficiaries of the same bike type that were unable to reach their goal.
- Donors will also have the opportunity to donate $5 to Friendship Circle to help develop and run the Great Bike Giveaway.
- An administrative fee of 8-11% of all donations will be used by Friendship Circle to cover a portion of the costs for creating, developing and marketing this campaign. This amount will already be factored into the total amount of the bike.
- Any donation that is received after the contest is over will be considered a donation to develop and maintain the Great Bike Giveaway in 2017.
- All recipients will be required to submit documentation and references that the bike winner has a disability.
- Upon delivery of bikes, winners are required to submit a photo & video of their child riding their new bike with a brief message about their new bike.
- On March 16 or later, drawings will be held for those who have not reached their fundraising goal.
- In order to be eligible for the drawing, you must raise at least 50% of your goal.
- All money raised for each bike type will be pooled into its bike category (All donations towards Rifton bikes will be pooled together, all donations towards Duet bikes will be pooled together etc.).
- The total number of bikes being given away will be determined at the close of the contest.
Delivery Of The Prizes
- Recipients of an adaptive bike will receive their bike within 6-18 weeks of the end of the Great Bike Giveaway.
- Winners will not be charged for shipping, unless otherwise stated.
- Winners will be responsible for assembly of bikes unless otherwise stated.
- Winners in Alaska and Hawaii may be responsible for the cost of added shipping and delivery.
To view all the bikes available in the Great Bike Giveaway please visit out the bikes overview page
More Legal Stuff
This campaign is void where prohibited by law. Entrants assume the total responsibility of knowing their local laws in regard to crowdfunding and fundraising campaigns and are subject to any local, state, national or international laws.
Friendship Circle accepts no responsibility for making these individual legal determinations. Entrants are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes, and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the taxable value of their prize. No substitution prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Bike Sponsor. Bikes are non-transferable. Unclaimed Bikes will not be awarded. If a bike, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, the sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Bike recipients must verify that their child is under the age of 30 as well as verify that their submission is true and accurate.